- Technical fleet superintendent
- Date of Birth: 13 August 1966.
- Nationality: US Citizen.
- Employed as Senior fleet superintendent with VShips USA LLC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA.
- Holding Valid TWIC card.
- To work with a reputed shipping vessel company as a Port Engineer/Marine Superintendent, utilizing my skills and talent to the fullest to provide excellent service and achieve professional growth.
- Senior Fleet Superintendent managing chemical/oil tanker/cargo ships with V.Ships USA LLC (Fort Lauderdale, FL) with over eight years of shore experience.
- Have single handedly managed 13 dry-docking of vessels as Fleet Superintendent mainly in Curacao, Trinidad, Bahrain and China.
- Independently managing a fleet of petroleum/chemical vessels, their budgets, technical issues, statutory and class requirement, supply of spares and stores, vessel inspection, vessel’s performance, dry dock specification and dry-docking.
- Have vast experience on main propulsion engines i.e. MAN B&W, Wartsila, Sulzer, auxiliary engines such as Daihatsu, Cummins, Yanmar, Caterpillar and auxiliary boilers such as Aalborg, Miura, Sunrod.
- 17 years of sailing experience on petroleum, chemical tankers and general cargo ships in various capacities including Chief Engineer.
- Well conversant with ISM Safety management systems.
- Extensive experience as Chief Engineer on stainless steel, zinc silicate, epoxy and rubber coated cargo tanks on chemical tankers.
- Experience with CDI and SIRE inspections.
- Well familiar with PSC and USCG inspection regime for tankers.
- Loyalty to employers. More than 11 years with V.Ships.
- Conscientious, meticulous and honest.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work under pressure, as part of a team or on my own.
- Optimistic professional, with creative cognizance.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient in handling the given tasks and projects.
Fleet Superintendent (October 2007 to October 2009)
Senior Fleet Superintendent(October 2009-till date)
(V.Ships USA LLC)
- Manage and operate pool of chemical/oil tankers/cargo vessels in the capacity of Senior Fleet Superintendent.
- Plan and control all activities connected with safe and efficient operation of the vessels. Ensure the proper and timely support to the ship staff with regard to technical and nautical supplies, repairs and technical problems.
- Evaluate deviations from norms and take measures to ensure operation of same, by familiarizing with the fundamental operating concepts of the deck and engine equipment of the vessels.
- Evaluate all incoming reports from the vessels. Identify areas which require immediate attention and take corrective actions.
- Control of consumption of stores and spares by the vessels and effect timely supply of same in coordination with the various suppliers after making a study of the cost with an attempt to contain the monthly operating cost budget.
- Closely monitor performance of all vessels and ensure that charter party requirements are being fulfilled. Identify reasons for deviation and take remedial measures.
- Ensure all classification and statutory survey status is maintained and all surveys are conducted within the due dates.
- Keep abreast with all regulatory requirements and keep the vessels suitably informed.
- Planning and management of docking. Negotiate and approval of invoices in consultation with senior management and clients.
- Ensure that all items pertaining to the safety and pollution prevention are regularly checked with the aim of achieving high standards of safe and pollution free voyages.
- Conduct Incident & root cause analysis of major incidents and accidents.
- Conduct interview to select the senior technical sailing staff.
- Installation of Inert gas generator plant on a Non IG Tanker vessel.
- Contingency planning and handling of emergency repairs occurred due to contact damages in various ports such as Cameroon, Trinidad, Curacao, Panama and Grenada.
- Effectively planning and meeting the targets during drydocking and repairs of vessels.
Maritime engineer sailing experience (May 1990 to October 2007)
2001-2007: Served in capacity of Chief engineer on chemical, crude oil & product tankers.
1997-2001: Served as second engineer on chemical, crude oil & product tankers.
1990-1997: Have served in capacity of junior, fourth and third engineer on chemical tankers, crude oil tankers, product tankers, bulk carriers, general cargo vessels & OBOs.
- Certificate of Competency (Marine Chief Engineer - November 1999)
Accordance with STCW 95.
Issued by: Mercantile Marine Department (MMD), Mumbai, India.
- Graduated as Mechanical Engineer (1984-1988)
Bachelor of Engineer (Mechanical), India.
- Marine Engineering course (June 1989 – February 1990)
Issued by Mazgoan dock Limited, Mumbai, India.
Available on request.