Back to Resumes List
- Engineer / Naval Architect
Enhance Ship Design & Construction | Improve Quality & Budget Management| Increase Productivity & Staff Engagement
Highly knowledgeable and experienced marine professional with extensive technical background in ship design and construction in robust and fast-paced multi-cultural environment. Innovative thinker, detail-oriented, and efficiency improvement enthusiast.
Collaborative problem solver with strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Expert in people management and technical conformance to marine industry codes, classification societies rules, national and international regulations, and standards.
Core competencies include:
* Technical Management and Leadership
* Strategic Planning & Cost Reduction
* Process Development & Continuous Improvement
* Quality Management and Certification
* Engineering Design & Enhancement
* International Sourcing and Procurement
* Digital Solutions Development and Transformation
* Welding Technologies & Metallurgical Science
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Miami, Florida 2018 - 2020
Spearheaded cruise ship retrofit projects through leading internal and external teams of experts in technical design, engineering, procurement, logistics, supply chain, finance, planning, installation, commissioning, and operation.
* Retrofitted hybrid Exhaust Gas Cleaning System (EGCS or scrubbers) onboard four cruise ships with $100M budget and $6M savings in total
* Orchestrated EGCS installation during dry-dock for three vessels with average savings of $500K each
* Negotiated and maintained contractual obligations among the parties resulting in reduced costs and conflicts
* Developed and streamlined processes to significantly improve project efficiency and return of investment with 0 lost time accidents
* Simplified system design via technical enhancements and introduced modification in closed loop application to reduce fuel and additives consumption
Bureau Veritas, Houston, Texas 2016 - 2018
Lead Auditor / Senior Surveyor
Audited Quality Management Systems of BV approved marine equipment manufacturers at regular intervals to validate product quality as per type approvals. Proven broad knowledge spectrum and expertise in benchmarking relevant national and international requirements, rules and regulations applied to product manufacturing processes and finalization. Appreciated by clients and auditees for constructive feedbacks, resultant in improved processes and quality systems.
* Guided product type approvals for various types of marine and offshore equipment
* Performed Quality Management audits for more than 50 mid-to-large size companies (e.g. GE, Caterpillar, Cummins, Tyco, Emerson, Parker, 3M) with maximized efficiency and no complaints
* Surveyed and issued 200+ certificates for components and systems (e.g. BWMS, offshore flares, ultrasonic flow meters, gas compressors, welding consumables, pressure vessels) generating $0.5M revenue
DNV GL 2005 - 2016
Project Manager / Senior Surveyor, Houston, TX 2015 - 2016
Managed machinery system projects with a strong focus on clean energy sources, esp. LNG as a marine fuel. Key role player in LNG market assessment, bid management, risk assessment and business development. Controlled, executed, and delivered awarded projects related to LNG market and new technology advances in North America.
* Advised Cheniere Energy, Signet Maritime & Crowley for LNG terminal projects
* Organized HAZID/HAZOP risk assessment & mitigation (FMECA method) for Wespac-Conrad LNG bunker barge
* Led LNG conversion GAP study, analysis & risk assessment for AEP tugboat in Mississippi river
* Won tender and performed LNG bunkering study for Gaz Metro in the Port of Montreal, Canada
* Attained tender and directed risk assessment for LNG bunkering simultaneous operations (SIMOPS) for Shell
* Developed LNG intelligent portal (LNGi) tool with a team of 10 experts in software development and LNG application
* Conducted surveys onboard multiple ships and offshore vessels in southern States ports and issued quality reports
Senior Surveyor, Ulsan, South Korea 2013 - 2015
Monitored newbuilding activities at Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) in Ulsan, Korea.
* Classified mega sized container ships with capacities up to 14,000 TEUs for Hamburg Süd and Enesel
* Supervised construction of TOTAL’s MOHO NORD TLP (tension leg platform) offshore project
* Surveyed 84,000cbm Liquefied Petroleum Gas Carriers (LPGC) for BW LPG
Senior Surveyor to Germanischer Lloyd (GL), Multiple cities in South Korea 2008 - 2013
Inspected, evaluated, and certified ship and offshore equipment at Korean manufacturers. Generated EUR1.2M annually, through issuance of 600 certificates with below 1% revisions, and class surveys onboard ships in service.
* Certified various components for ship and offshore vessels, e.g. largest 2- & 4-stroke diesel engines, turbines, pumps, rudders, appendages, boilers, pressure vessels, cranes, lifting equipment, switchboards, motors, and control panels
* Examined and certified wide range of metallic materials like plates, profiles, pipes, castings, and forgings by monitoring and validating chemical, mechanical, and non-destructive testing (NDT)
* Administered, assessed, and approved 1000+ welders, welding operators, procedures, consumables & workshops
* Issued MARPOL VI IAPP certificates for diesel engines via NOx measurement
* Performed newbuilding surveys of 20+ mega sized container vessels at HHI, STX & DSME shipyards
Project Manager and Marine Surveyor in Det Norske Veritas (DNV), Guangzhou, China & Neka, Iran 2005 - 2008
Led classification of three 63,000 tons oil shuttle tankers with electric propulsion and bow loading system and three anchor handling & multi-purpose supply vessels (MPSV) with dynamic positioning system (DPS) at Sadra Caspian Sea Complex. Spearheaded classification of GVA 4000 design semi-submersible drilling rig for Caspian Sea operations. Overseen classification of ice breaker chemical/oil tankers in Guangzhou Shipyard International (GSI) in China.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Master of Science, Shipbuilding Engineering Majoring Ship Architecture
Amirkabir University of Technology,Tehran, Iran
Bachelor of Science: Mechanical Engineering Majoring Shipbuilding (Naval Architecture)
Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
BSI Certificate: ISO9001:2015 QMS Lead Auditor, Houston, Texas
TWI/CSWIP Certificate of Proficiency: Welding Inspector 3.1 (Level II), Pusan, South Korea
TWI/CSWIP Certificate of Proficiency: Ultrasonic Testing Inspector Level 2, Pusan, South Korea
Member of The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME) since 2001