- Shipboard Officer / Personnel / Crew
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Master / Mate
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Accomplished well respected maritime professional with 20 years of practical experience as a seagoing mariner including 15 years as a Master of Towing Vessels. Successful project management experience reinforced by excellent organizational skills to streamline procedures, processes and policies that enhance safety and productivity. Analytical decision maker with superior problem solving and communication skills.
Master of Towing Vessels:
- Successful sea going career with, extensive experience operating towing vessels, most notably on ship assist class tugs with Azmithing Stern Drive (Z Drive) propulsion, Voith Schneider Propulsion (Tractor Tugs), as well as conventional twin screw tugs. This experience was obtained towing on the wire at sea and while performing ship assist and escort in the Columbia River, Puget Sound, Kodiak, Valdez and Cook Inlet.
- Project Management: Responsible for safety, identifying customer requirements, planning and organizing the beginning of operations, interviewing and hiring employees, implementing labor agreements, acquisition and outfitting of equipment, incident management and demobilization.
- Management Columbia River Region. Oversight of operations for 10 vessels including management of personnel, stewardship of company safety policies, processes and procedures, maintenance, scheduling, and budget
- Responsible for regional incident investigation, root cause analysis, lessons learned and continual improvement to operations.
- Capable user of word and excel.
Project Management Experience
- Revelstoke: Turbine by barge, Columbia River Grandcooly Dam to Revelstoke Canada
- Diablo Canyon: Nuclear generator component delivery by barge.
- Porto Panasco Mexico: Nuclear generator delivery by barge.
- Princess Kathleen: Defueling of sunken ship in Auk Bay Alaska.
- Exxon Mobile Tar Sands Settling Ponds Management, Port McMurray Canada
- Foss Maritime Co. Portland OR: 2006-present, Senior Port Captain Columbia Snake River
- Olympic Tug and Barge (Harley Marine): 1999-2006, Mater of Towing Vessels Columbia River Puget Sound
- Brusco Tug and Barge: 1996-1999, Master of Towing Vessels Columbia River, Puget Sound, Near Coastal Towing.
- Cook Inlet Tug and Barge: 1991-1996, Master of Towing Vessels Kodiak, Valdez and Cook Inlet Alaska
- Crowley Towing and Transportation Co: 1990-1991 Able Bodied Seaman Ocean Towing
- Master 1600 Ton Oceans, Master of Towing Vessels Oceans, Designated Examiner Oceans and Inland, STCW, USCG UTV Inspector, QI Certification, ICS 100-600, ABS certified incident investigation
- Z- Drive 15 years by 2018