Back to Resumes List
- Finance / Legal / Risk Management
National Cargo Bureau Newark, NJ
Deputy Chief Surveyor – East Coast and Great Lakes Ports 2000-Present
· Manage 8 offices with a staff of 25 Marine Cargo Surveyors and support staff.
· Oversaw an average of 7700 total surveys per year, including damaged cargo, cargo securing, hazmat container
and vessel stowage, break bulk and project cargo. Survey clients include carriers, insurance companies, clubs,
and shippers/consignees for cargo claims and subrogation.
· Increased revenue an average of 18% over the past 4 years for the 8 ports under my supervision.
Senior Surveyor - Los Angeles and Long Beach Ports Los Angeles, CA
· Manage team of 2 staff surveyors and secretary 1992-2000
· Services include containership stowage and segregation inspections, container inspections, flat rack inspections,
and various other activities relating to Marine Surveying.
Staff Surveyor – Port of Savannah Savannah, GA
· Brought career experience to increase success in the Port of Savannah. 1989 – 1992
· Performed various inspections including container and tank inspections, draft surveys, hold cleanliness
inspections, and numerous other marine surveying functions.
International Cargo Surveyors, Inc. High Bridge, NJ
· Responsible for the NJ office of the International Cargo Surveyors.
· Duties included damaged cargo and equipment surveys, Container and Chassis on hires and off hires.
· Served as a contract Port Captain for Puerto Rico Marine Management, Inc. (PRMMI)
Prudential Lines Inc. Manhattan, NY
Manager of Ports and Terminals in New York 1983-1986
Terminal Manager at 39th Street Terminal in Brooklyn
· Prepared plans for LASH / Container ships for loading and discharging in the Port of New York.
· Responsible for budgeting, and the efficient use of the stevedores and shore side personnel along the
East Coast ports.
Trans Freight Lines Baltimore, MD
Marine Manager 1982-1983
· Responsible for loading containerships and working with the various vendors involved with loading and
discharging the ships in Baltimore.
United States Lines Baltimore, MD
Assistant Marine Manager 1981-1982
· Responsible to stowage of containerships including all husbandry services required to work the ships.
Various Deep Sea Vessels Worldwide
3rd Officer Deck Department 1978-1981
· Vessels included Tankers, Salvage Tugboat, and Container Vessels.
S.U.N.Y. Maritime College – BS Marine Transportation, Bronx, NY
East Brunswick High School, East Brunswick, NJ
CERTIFICATIONS / AFFILIATION:
Hazardous Materials Certification Ship Stability Certification Cargo Securing Certification I.M.D.G. & CFR
Training Certification OSHA Certified Maritime Crane inspectorMember of the Marine Society of the City of New