Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Spain's Repsol Makes Oil Find in Gulf of Mexico

Posted by October 27, 2014

Spanish oil company Repsol said on Monday it had made a "significant" discovery of high quality oil in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico.

"The well found more than 150 metres of net oil pay within a column of over 400 metres," the company said in statement.

The well, in which Repsol has 60 percent stake and Colombia's Ecopetrol holds the remaining 40 percent, is located 352 kilometres offshore from the Louisiana coast in ultra-deep waters, the Spanish company said.

(Reporting by Paul Day; Editing by Tomas Cobos)

Related News