Monday, May 20, 2019

Norway Gives Approval to Restart Arctic Goliat oilfield

Posted by December 8, 2017

File Image: an offshore Norway oil iunstallation. CREDIT: Statoil)

Italian oil firm Eni has received permission to restart production at its Goliat oilfield in the Arctic Barents Sea following a shutdown lasting more than two months, Norway's Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) said on Friday.
 
The PSA ordered the company to shut the 100,000 barrels-per-day field on Oct. 6 due to problems with the Goliat platform's explosion-proof electric motors.
 

Eni, the operator, has 65 percent, and Norway's Statoil (STO) holds the remaining 35 percent stake in the world's northernmost offshore oilfield, which started production in 2016.

 

Reporting by Nerijus Adomaitis 

Related News