Service Engineer (Electrical & Automation)
- Category :
- Engineer / Naval Architect
- Full Time
- Mid Career
- High/Medium Speed engine overhaul and maintenance.
- Familiar with Marine installations and Power Plants
- Excellent understanding of electronic systems, PLCs and HMI’s development software
- Capable of handling different types of Variable Frequency Drives
- Communicate effectively with customers skills
- Contribution as a team member & interpersonal skills colleagues
- Good Customer relations
- Good Time Management
- Excellent Problem solving skills
- Excellent Mechanical Ability
- Ability to work under high-pressure
- Ability to communicate
- Language: English
- Proceeds with all work assigned in a safe manner. Knowledge of machine procedures.
- Work progress with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Local Labour laws, Occupational health & safety & display continuous improvement (CIP)
- Knowledge of the use of measuring tools (metric and standard) and specialty instruments
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE HAVE
We are a SMART Technology company that empowers our people to collaborate and shape our business, so that we can have a sustainable impact on society. Our business is driven by three important values: Energy, Excellence and Excitement.
We have an AWESOME & TALENTED services team that is GROWING the business
As an OEM we work at our customer installations and in our own facilities on complex & potentially dangerous rotating machinery, so SAFETY & HEALTH of our people and QUALITY of our work are extremely important to us and our customers
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU ARE GOOD AT
You will be part of a highly skilled and motivated team of Field Services professionals who are able to independently work and take decisions under pressure in combination with analytical/critical thinking and excellent knowledge about 4-stroke Diesel, Gas and Dual Fuel engines and related technologies in marine and land based applications.
We are looking for a safety & quality minded, dynamic, and flexible and detail oriented high performer to join our fast paced and exciting Services Team. We are a SMART technology company that empowers our people to collaborate and shape our markets, so that we can have a sustainable impact on society
- To perform MV/HV electrical maintenance and / or trouble shooting on Wartsila engine and CPP products.
- To perform Engine control and Propulsion control tuning and maintenance on OEM and Non OEM products.
- To perform field service / survey assistance as directed.
- To perform electrical commissioning on ship.
- Perform field/Workshop assignments as required for Wärtsilä products,
- Prepare Field Service & shop reports as needed
- Take notes during shop & field jobs as needed to aid in report preparation
- Propose improvements and system upgrades based on Technical Bulletins and Customer needs.
- Use & maintain shop & field tools in accordance with good mechanical-work practices
- prepare & submit parts requisitions as required
- Maintain current individual time sheets & expense records to support the timely invoicing of jobs to customers
- To maintain a professional appearance & conduct
- To maintain the quality & efficiency of mechanical work performed (as measured by warranty costs),
- & in accordance with manufacturers specifications & ISO procedures
- Accurate & timely care of Wärtsilä specialty tools (field & shop) used to perform service work
- Ensure customer satisfaction with job performance & through positive interactions with customers
- Conform with & abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures & instructions
- Conform to all safety rules & use of all appropriate safety equipment
- The successful candidate will also be able to perform other task as required
University Degree in Marine Engineering or Electrical Engineering with +3 yrs experience working as a field Electromechanically on marine diesel engines;
Experience in electro-pneumatic &/or electronic control systems. Or equivalent combination of both education & experience.
5 years Marine Diesel experience on Medium or High Speed engines.
-Electrical technical experience on Wartsila Power Plants or similar application as a Lead Man
-Lead man experience
-Electromechanical officer on Ships with Wartsila engines or similar application
-Strong knowledge of auxiliaries equipment
-Gas engine Knowledge A+
-Electrical troubleshooting Skills A+
-Experience with pre commissioning, commissioning and retrofit of medium bore diesel engines.
Wärtsilä Canada values our employees. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wartsila Canada is an equal opportunity employer under the Government of Canada's Federal Contractors Program.