Port Operations Manager
- Category :
- Shoreside Operations
- Full Time
- General / Operations Manager
Extensive experience as a Port Operations Manager or similar is required
- 5+ years of marine operations management experience - commercial maritime or USCG/USN
- Proficiency in MS Office software
- Maritime Academy or other maritime schooling preferred
***Must be able to pass Drug/Alcohol test mandated by company policy and be able to pass during random and post-accident testing***
About the Organization Carver Companies is privately owned and comprised of several different entities, spanning from construction to the maritime industry.
Carver Construction is a leading site contractor in the Capital District and surrounding areas of Upstate New York, while Carver Sand & Gravel is a leading provider of high quality aggregate materials and trucking services, servicing state, federal, municipal, private, and commercial customers in Upstate New York.
Canaday Sweepers provides complete property maintenance, specializing in street and parking lot sweeping. In Coeymans,NY, Carver Companies operates the Port of Coeymans and adjacent Coeymans Industrial Park, situated south of Albany on the Hudson River, providing a premier location for shipping, processing, warehousing, and inland transportation needs. Coeymans Marine Towing includes a fleet of tug boats and barges servicing the Northeast.
Beyond the Capital Region, Carver Maritime operates a port location in North Charleston, SC, and Carver Maritime Manatee is our newest location where Tampa Bay meets the Gulf of Mexico.
Carver Companies is a respected and growing employer, with a strong focus on honesty, integrity and service.
Position Port Operations Manager Location Carver Maritime LLC - SC Description
Carver Maritime - North Charleston
Port Operations Manager - Full-Time
Carver Maritime is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Port Operations Manager to join our team!
The Port Operations Manager is responsible for the smooth transition of all cargo, bulk and otherwise, so that it reaches its destination on time.
To perform this role, the Port Operations Manager stays in close contact with a range of industry groups, such as customs and quarantine, stevedores and shipping lines.
The Port Operations Manager is responsible for the efficient use of port facilities and resources with specific responsibilities for health and safety and security. Some roles that the Port Operations Manager takes charge of include managing vessel loading and discharge, managing safety, managing staff, and liaising with customers and other port users.
Solely Accountable For:
- Cost vs Budget of Operations
- Training, Developing, and Promoting field level employees
- Safety Incident Rate of direct reports
- Overall Equipment Utilization
- Overall Operating, Maintenance, & Repair Cost of Equipment
- On-time Completion of Jobs
- Facilitate daily / weekly / monthly scheduling of operations
- Lead morning huddle
- Participate in daily Foreman Toolbox Talks
- Facilitate pre-operation meetings
- Facilitate planning of operations in compliance with Company standards
- Assure there is proper and adequate resources (manpower & equipment) to perform the work efficiently
- Assist Superintendent with allocating resources (manpower & equipment) to operations
- Assure work is being executed in accordance to the plan, and approve any changes that may be necessary
- Assure work site is kept clean, organized, and professional
- Coordinate with client's operations personnel
- Coordinate with Subcontractors
- Manage and enforce the designated operator (task training) program
- Manage and enforce the daily equipment inspection program
- Review daily / weekly cost reports with Superintendents and Foremen
- Assist Superintendents and Foremen with solving operational issues
- Regular communication with field level employees to reinforce vision, goals, expectations, changes, etc
- Maintain high morale of field level employees
- Train and coach Superintendents and Foremen in accordance with Division succession plan
Benefits Excellent pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO, group life and 401k with 8% match Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.