- Category :
- Shoreside Operations
- Based on Experience
- Full Time
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate high degree of professionalism.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to learn new programs and software.
- Strong written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem solving and organizational skills.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, or related field required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in all aspects of vessel management including vessel operations.
- Experience working within the Maritime industry preferred.
Dispatchers are the points-of-contact for 24 hour communication with the fleet, terminals and customers to ensure an efficient and safe operation. Responsibilities include:
- Log all voyage times, sea conditions, and weather.
- Perform charter party negotiations and execution.
- Responsible for keeping terminals, refineries and customers updated of voyage times, delays, etc.
- Assign voyages to vessels.
- Answer multiple phones in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain daily communication with all vessels (tugs & barges).
- Regular contact with office employees and managers.
- Daily communication with external customers.
- Work first four (4) Saturdays for training period from 0800 – 1200.
- Saturday & Holiday rotation schedule.
- Major Medical
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account